Friday, August 24, 2012

Some Australian Labels

Melbourne fashion is dominated by the need for layers and the ability to change up your 'look' to adjust to the temperamental climate and a palate thats forever based on black. Anywho, Australian brands that are iconic & a few brands I have plans to purchase from are:

Dizingof, the people I'm working for; really do kind of have an aesthetic I would describe as 'Melbournian'. A Palate saturated in black with a touch of avant-garde and an asian influence. I'm pretty excited about the new line theres at least 3 pieces that i'm pretty set on adding to my wardrobe.

R.M. Williams, they are the Eddie Bauer/Ralph Lauren/Shepler? of Australia with their specialty being their handmade/bespoke boots. They handle the high end & dress wardrobe of Australian ranchers, cowboys, and farmers. I owned a pair of their Millicent Cuban Heeled boots on my last trip that sadly went AWOL the week before I left. Bummer right? yeh, thats the understatement of a decade. I'm sure I'll fold and buy myself a new pair relatively soon (hoping for a sale!!)

Coogi, notorious enough to even be mentioned & worn by Notorious B.I.G back in the day. In my opinion they're kind of like cosby sweaters that have gone 'dreaming', know what I mean? I'm on the fence about this look. Not sure if I picked one up if I'd ever wear it out of the house and I kind of have my saints cricket jumper for that. Plus if I got one ten to one I'd wear it with my red suede fringe boots, and that would be A LOT of look.


Footie gear, Europeans have their football clubs (soccer) Australia; primarialy Victoria, has their footy (Australian Rules Football League). I have a St.Kilda jumper stylied after cricket jumpers but maybe I'll get a jersey too.

Jack London, is a men's store; but it's beautiful. I'm gonna end up with something from here I'm sure of it and it might be this jacket or a tie at least.




Country Road, is the word for Australian prep. I guess I'd compare it to J.Crew but honestly not all that familiar with J.Crew. The big thing is their duffel bags. I got mine the first time around and I still love it, though I'm always convinced that mine is 2x bigger than anyones? Are there sizes? I don't even know.

Crumpler, This is Australia's answer to TimBuk2 as far as I can tell. They've got some goo gear but honestly, I brought my TimBuk2 with me and it hasn't faile dme yet so I have no urge to replace it.

And in accessorie must haves: PAW PAW. this stuff is magic. It cost $4.95 at the chemist and works better than anyother lip balm in the world, I kid not. Plus it also can be used neosporin which is great if you're accident prone like myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment