Tuesday, March 8, 2011

leftovers?

...or delish hearty breakfast? oishii!

I'm def. going to go back to bigger breakfasts. This or another soup with fried fish some rice another veg or even a fruit and some tea? ahhhhh - yum.
btw the udon are in a thrown together (aka 'winging it' recipe never tried before) of kombu seaweed (removed but could have been left in longer), miso, bonito flakes, 1/2ish green pepper, carrots, bamboo shoot tofu, and fish balls. I didn't skim the bonito out much either. I also threw in a bit of pepper and red pepper flakes. It would have been better just with the addition of scallion but the only onion I had was sweet..... whomp. 
Def a meal made of 'what do I have in the fridge' because I refuse to go to the shops till end of spring break. ok, I might buy a small bunch of scallions tonight for a kabayaki donburi but seriously, scallions - EASY to use up, especially with my tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment